01 June 2010

Thoughts

Nearly four years ago, at 8 weeks old, I brought home Shaman. Sure I had grown up with dogs, but never had I been the sole owner and never had they been a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Needless to say, he was a life changer. 

While raising this little wild guy, I wanted what was best for him. In terms of diet, I eventually started feeding him raw: meat, bones, organs, etc. Having quite an interest in evolutionary biology, it only made sense that the healthiest diet would be one that modeled what the wolf ate. We gave it a shot and have never looked back.

Taking a very similar view to myself, I came across the paleo/primal/caveman diet. It is definitely more of a lifestyle rather than a diet... and as with Shaman on the raw diet, I started to thrive eating and exercising that way. From leaning up to running faster and further, I was sold.

All that being said, here we go.